using iphone 5s as video camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Advil, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Advil macrumors 6502a

hello friends. i was just hoping to get some help about using my iphone as a video camera for a youtube channel.

i have a tripod that works pretty well and i would much rather use the rear facing camera than the front one due to quality difference. being a one-man show i can't really pay attention to focus and exposure much while the rear camera is facing me since i can't see the screen. i was wondering if there was a way to view the recording live from my macbook pro or external monitor. i don't mind adjusting the settings through the touch screen as long as i can see the effects on my laptop. if i can control them from the laptop that would be awesome but something tells me apple wouldn't allow that kind of application.

any help is appreciated, i've googled around and have had no luck.

2. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

Just put a mirror behind the iPhone so you can see the screen.

3. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

that's what i've been doing. it just seems like...we're past that as a society... lol.

4. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Would AirPlay work? Check out the Mac application called "AirServer" and you can AirPlay whatever is on your iPhone's screen to your MBP. Just tested and it shows the camera perfectly.

http://www.airserver.com/