Using iphone as a disk drive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johnstaboii, Aug 7, 2010.

1. johnstaboii macrumors member

I know there are programs out there that let you view your iphone's contents, but I am looking for a way to make my iphone show up with a drive letter and allow me to view its contents. I am trying to use this program called windirstat to map out my iphone's contents and see which files are taking up the most room but I cannot use that program unless my iphone is it's own drive. Also I tried this program called Expandrive which did allow me to make a drive out of my iphone but I was not able to see all the files on my iphone.

So tldr: Looking for program to make iphone into disk drive with it's own letter

2. johnstaboii thread starter macrumors member

3. johnstaboii thread starter macrumors member

4. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Is it jailbroken?, I'm sure I saw a Cydia app that did just this.

5. Brannyh macrumors member

I know the app!

You can store files over wifi and to access it you just type in the address in a web brouser. It is called WiFi HD FREE

6. johnstaboii thread starter macrumors member

Did u read my thread? How would this help me?

7. Brannyh macrumors member

If you want to use it as a disk drive to store files as the end of your post says it's the app. If you want to view the contents on a computer it will require a jailbroken iPod and a computer program to access the files.

8. Badfoot macrumors 6502

My mistake, I was thinking about iFile, but it's not what you wanted. Sorry