Using iphone at NFL game

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kurtisk6877, Oct 12, 2009.

1. kurtisk6877 macrumors newbie

Every time i go to the Eagles game i cannot send or receive SMS or MMS, I also loose 3G. The phone is basically useless from noon til 4PM on Sunday's. The person who sits next me uses a Verizon Blackberry, needless to say he can message, check scores, ect. I really love this iphone but the lack of coverage in a Major US city is really horrible. Does anyone else experience this in other cities on game day?

2. dread macrumors 6502a

I think the problem is your iphone would rather be at the giants game. Go giants

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

4. christall109 macrumors 6502

That's only the major problem. I don't have that problem at Patriot games.

But at Red Sox games I encounter the same problem. I think it's because of the high number of phones in the vicinity.

5. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

That's the problem with having such a popular phone on a single network. Also, it would be nice if they'd boost the bandwith at the towers that will be used for such large events.

6. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

This happens to me every time I go to an Orlando Magic game, or any time I go to a Gators game in Gainesville. It's pathetic... never change AT&T.

7. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Im noticing a trend here. Support s*** teams, get bad reception.

8. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

How are they s*** teams when UF have won two of the past three national championships, and the Magic were in the Finals last year?

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

It was just a joke, friend. :)

10. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

:)
    Sorry, I'm a bit touchy when it comes to my teams.. (in case you couldn't tell) lol :)

11. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Oh, I can tell.
    Im not a gators (college basketball) fan. Noah pisses/ pissed me off. Plus, Im a UK fan, so I sorta have to hate 'em. :p

12. tsvb macrumors 6502

13. iPhoneVic macrumors regular

iPhoneVic

well

At least you won't have to worry about Red Sox games anymore this season...LOL

14. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

It's not a "coverage" or "reception" issue rather a capacity issue. With everyone using there iPhone at a sporting event it's bound to happen. If you need to do something turn 3G off, sort of like taking the fast route home when it's rush hour no one thinks to do it. I currently have a verizon phone, sending a text? Cold fusion man.... For the record at sporting events AT&T AND verizon do play with bandwidth and more specifically which features get priority, for example at the beginig data/SMS gets priority but at kick off they switch it to voice so yes they are working on it but bandwidth isn't infinite so why don't you put the phone away and enjoy the game :).

15. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

The Bucs were so bad that they blocked your iPhone signal, and I'm a Bucs fan :(

16. jmulls macrumors newbie

I don't have issues at Phillies games, but it was horrible in Austin when I was at the Texas vs. Texas Tech game in September. I probably should have turned off 3G as proposed by another post.

JM

17. grodgers macrumors member

You were rooting for TTU, right?

18. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

19. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I get good recepetion at the Redskins/Nationals/Wizards games....guess that's because they are all terrible. At least we have the Capitals (which I get good reception at also).

20. jmulls macrumors newbie

Longhorns

Nope. My wife is a UT Grad and we lived in Austin for 8 years before moving to Philly.

21. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

At University of Phoenix stadium in Phoenix.....same thing....I get within site of the stadium....I lose all data, and phone calls never get through. I have found turning 3G off helps, but data is sooo sloooow....it's almost unusable. The Cardinals offer free wi-fi....and when I can connect.....It allows me to use Google Voice for txts.

22. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

LOL. That's awesome :)

23. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

yea this happened to me yesterday as well. I was at the Linc and same issue. Edge while watching from the stands (watching the Eagles win!), but I got 3G while getting beers in the concession areas. I could text and call, but no MMS and I didn't even attempt to use internet. All the while my gf's dad could do everything on his Verizon BB Tour. Im almost at a breaking point

24. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I get full bars but can't send/recieve SMS/MMS and data when at Rockies and Broncos games.

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same here, it is annoying but I chalk it up to the thousands of users in such a small area that just overload the capacity.