Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UT2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
My iPhone gets terrible coverage in my house, and as its my business line, dropped / broken up calls etc are a really big pain. Are there any Apps that would allow you use the phone over the Wifi? I don't care if it still works against my minutes (well I have unlimited, so it doesn't matter) I just want decent reliability.

I know about Skype, but I want my phone to ring, and when I call out, my phone # to come up.

I understand that there would probably be some technical hurdles, but man it would be sweet.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
I know about Skype, but I want my phone to ring, and when I call out, my phone # to come up.

MicroCell can be a solution.:D You have to pay $150 for the device plus the electric bill. I can't understand why we consumers have to pay to fix a carriers shi**y service, I mean, why do i have to pay money to use my cell phone on my internet? They should be paying us, for extending their service with my internet. They should also reimburse the electric bill.:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.