Using iPhone in Poland

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkskies, Mar 22, 2010.

1. darkskies macrumors newbie

I'm going to be going to Poland for several weeks this year and want to use my unlocked iPhone in Poland.

Can some kind Polish Mac/iPhone user tell me about the best pay as you go tariffs that the Polish carriers offer. Particularly regarding data costs.

I have of course looked at the websites for Era, Orange and Plus, but my Polish is really not up to understanding!!

Thanks in advance.

DS

2. ultravorx macrumors member

A polish iphone is really a motorola startac!! :D

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Oh cool, a racist joke.

4. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

5. mrochester macrumors 65816

6. Eric M macrumors member

As far as i remember...

Orange offers best data plan in Poland (but that could've changed since I been)
    main question is location - where are you going to be based - every major city has 3G/CDMA coverage but outside is patchy at best. If you're going to travel a lot, then forget about mobile internet - once outside large cities the signal quality is BAD.
    Cost-wise for ~3GB you're looking at about £10 ($15)
    Word of advice - searching for deals on Orange.pl (or Era/Plus) is only going to give you headache - once you arrive just hit one of their retail shops and ask for a pay-as-you-go card with data plan. There is always someone who can speak English in those shops...
    Good luck.

7. darkskies thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx for all the replies guys.

I think that talking to people at the stalls will be my best bet - its an unlocked phone so any network is fine.

Cheers,

DS