Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edenbensal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
There is an option to using warranty to iPhone 5S which bought from the US by sending the phone from Israel? Or I'll must have to go myself to Apple Store and sending it to repair if i'll need to?
I want to buy iPhone 5S from someone who bought the device in the US and lives in Israel but I'm want to be sure about the warranty. I know the iPhone warranty apply only from the country who bought from.
thank ;)

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Based on Sinilar threads I have read I do believe warranty services can only be rendered in the country of origin. I remember reading about people traveling and apple stating they would have to ship the phone to the country where it holds warranty for them to do any fixes to it. Again, this is onky what I've read here.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
My iPhone 5 was bought from Paris, France and the warranty was good here in Romania where I live.
My current iPhone 6 is bought from New York, US and the warranty is not good.
Conclusion : The warranty is continental, not international.

ilugram

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
My iPhone 5 was purchased in Canada and replaced in Australia. I did have to wait for a week or so while they ordered the correct model though. This may have been because I had AppleCare plus but nevertheless the phone was replaced.

Ariel95

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2014
Israel
there is an option to using warranty to iphone 5s which bought from the us by sending the phone from israel? Or i'll must have to go myself to apple store and sending it to repair if i'll need to?
I want to buy iphone 5s from someone who bought the device in the us and lives in israel but i'm want to be sure about the warranty. I know the iphone warranty apply only from the country who bought from.
Thank ;)

האחריות של אייפון אמריקאי לא תופס פה בארץ, אייפון אירופאי כן.
יכול להיות שהספקית סלולר שאתה נמצא בה, תסכים לנסות לתקן את הפאלפון אבל במידה והמכשיר פגום לא יביאו לך אחד אחר חדש.
הספקית סלולר חייבות לתת שירות מכיוון שהם היבואניות הרשמית של המכשיר.
אני העדפתי לקנות את האייפון בארץ כדי שהאחריות תהיהי ודאית.

edenbensal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
using iPhone warranty overseas

על פי התקנון של אפל אין לאייפון אחריות בינלאומית אלא רק למדינה ממנה הוא נקנה. זאת אומרת שגם אחריות של אייפון מאירופה לא תכובד פה בארץ אצל המפעילות הסלולריות. אם היה פה נציגות רשמית של אפל המצב היה שונה אך גם אז הם לא חייבים לקבל מכשירים לתיקון. בכל מקרה כדי לקנות אייפון 5s בנפח 32gb עם אחריות צריך לשלם עוד כמה מאות שקלים לעומת קניית מכשיר חדש מהניילון מאנשים שקנו בארה"ב.

Last edited:

Ariel95

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2014
Israel
על פי התקנון של אפל אין לאייפון אחריות בינלאומית אלא רק למדינה ממנה הוא נקנה. זאת אומרת שגם אחריות של אייפון מאירופה לא תכובד פה בארץ אצל המפעילות הסלולריות. אם היה פה נציגות רשמית של אפל המצב היה שונה אך גם אז הם לא חייבים לקבל מכשירים לתיקון. בכל מקרה כדי לקנות אייפון 5s בנפח 32gb עם אחריות צריך לשלם עוד כמה מאות שקלים לעומת קניית מכשיר חדש מהניילון מאנשים שקנו בארה"ב.

אני אומר לך שלאחר ויכוחים עם נציגה של המפעילה הסלולרית שלי, וראו שאני מבין עניין הסכימו לבדוק את המכשיר ללא תשלום. כמובן שעדיף לקנות כאן את המכשיר כדי להיות בטוחים במאה אחוז.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I was once told by an Apple support person it works a such (when buying a US model):

If you only have the standard 1 year coverage then it can only be serviced in the US. If you purchase AppleCare+ then it can be serviced anywhere that AC+ is available.

This was a while ago though so idk if anything has changed since then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.