Using iPhone with Device

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lawrencecraig, May 27, 2012.

1. lawrencecraig macrumors newbie

Feb 22, 2012
    Hi all,

Have an issue that may be an easy fix but need someone to point me in the right direction.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 which I can connect (using a y-cable connected to the 30pin port) to my 1 series BMW and use the headunit to play/control my music.

I want to use a 3rd party app to control my stock music on the iPhone itself (such as TomTom, Navigon or another app). When I try use the 3rd party apps, I cannot change, start/stop the music nor does it display the current song playing even though it comes up on the lockscreen and headunit. I have used NoAccSplash (jailbreak app) but it doesnt help 3rd party apps.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

Oct 14, 2007
    WoW 500+ views and no help yet.

I hope somebody comes along soon who can help you out buddy.
  3. rogerbarrett macrumors regular

May 22, 2012
    Might be question is too much tough for every one :p. I hope that you will help soon :p
  4. lawrencecraig thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 22, 2012
    thanks for the replies guys! I am just looking for someone to confirm that when corrected to a device (i.e. a car headunit) playing music that they can view/change the music on tomtom/navigon/any 3rd party app. Any input would be valuable.
  5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

Jul 12, 2011
    1 your cable probably outdated! 2 the apps doesnt support the cable/headunit.
  6. lawrencecraig thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 22, 2012
    Thanks for your reply. The cable is brand new (bought last month). And I have tried multiple apps (6-7 in total) and none work. Is it even possible?