Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

llee8820

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
I know that you can use iMovie HD to record videos using the iSight, but i was just wondering is there a way to start recording through the apple remote instead of clicking on the record button?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I don't think there is. But if you have a wireless mouse, you could position the arrow over the record button and push the mouse button and it would be almost as good.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
You can use Quicktime to record videos using iSight. It's not iMovie but at least you can record and then import into iMovie.

There's also a program that allows you to customise the buttons on your Apple Remote. I forget what it is called, but I'm sure you can set it to start recording using Quicktime, then stop recording.

llee8820

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
is there any other programs that utilize the macbook isight to record videos? Maybe one of them has a feature that i want.

sotl

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2007
I know that you can use iMovie HD to record videos using the iSight, but i was just wondering is there a way to start recording through the apple remote instead of clicking on the record button?

you might be able to with a program called Remote Buddy. you can customize your remote to control any program almost any way you want. Great for controlling Powerpoint presentations at a distance. You can even use your remote as a mouse and launch apps. It's only $10 and quite robust. If I had my macbook pro with me I'd confirm this for you, but you can try it out for yourself free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.