Using Isight to record videos

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by llee8820, Jun 29, 2007.

1. llee8820 macrumors newbie

I know that you can use iMovie HD to record videos using the iSight, but i was just wondering is there a way to start recording through the apple remote instead of clicking on the record button?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I don't think there is. But if you have a wireless mouse, you could position the arrow over the record button and push the mouse button and it would be almost as good.

3. ScottDrummer macrumors 6502

is there anyway to disable the light on isight :p?

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

The light on the iSight is a 'peace of mind' feature. It's there to let you know, that the camera is in use, and someone could be watching you...

But if there is a way to disable it, I haven't come across it.

5. Sopranino macrumors 6502

Have you tried a small piece of silver duct tape?

Sopranino

6. kolax macrumors G3

You can use Quicktime to record videos using iSight. It's not iMovie but at least you can record and then import into iMovie.

There's also a program that allows you to customise the buttons on your Apple Remote. I forget what it is called, but I'm sure you can set it to start recording using Quicktime, then stop recording.

7. llee8820 thread starter macrumors newbie

is there any other programs that utilize the macbook isight to record videos? Maybe one of them has a feature that i want.

8. sotl macrumors member

you might be able to with a program called Remote Buddy. you can customize your remote to control any program almost any way you want. Great for controlling Powerpoint presentations at a distance. You can even use your remote as a mouse and launch apps. It's only $10 and quite robust. If I had my macbook pro with me I'd confirm this for you, but you can try it out for yourself free.