Using iSlate as an external Monitor

Discussion in 'iPad' started by and.sleepless, Dec 25, 2009.

1. and.sleepless macrumors member

Do you think it would be possible to use the new iSlate on a MBP? And I know no one knows for sure, but it wouldn't that be a major feature that could really help sell it for Artists and Photographers?

I'm asking this because I'm inspiring to become a Photojournalist and having trouble seeing what the tablet will be able to help many with who already have a MB/P. It really seems like an interesting product and I'm sure it will sell well with the Apple Fanboys, but really could this help me?

2. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

well it based on rumors its not going be cheap, expected $700+
    I don't think you would need to connect it a MBP, if its os x based then just use whatever app you were planning to use, if its iphone os based than I don't think it will be very long before someone makes an app for your needs

3. and.sleepless thread starter macrumors member

So the shockingly low price rumor was just really bs?

And I don't think many will find it useful for large amounts of Photo/Video editing.

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Likely have the iMac version of the up to date miniDisplayPort that could theoretically push the screen to a larger screen.
    They're sitting on a change/update to docks, docking - they could do the same for iPhones - look at the "Media Out Interface" Apple patent for more.
    MacRumors - talks about rumors and speculation ;)
    An Apple tablet exists - Wacom. The Apple tablet we await for.

5. Hilmi Hamidi macrumors 6502

Dude, we don't even know if this so called Apple Tablet will really be exist in near future...