iPhone Using iTunes in Mojave and iOS 13?

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by one more, Aug 1, 2019.

1. one more macrumors 6502a

one more

So far I have been using the latest public version of iTunes in Mojave to synch audiobooks onto my iOS 12 iPhone. Does anybody know what will happen if I install the current iOS 13 beta on the iPhone, while keeping Mojave on the MacBook? Will they still be able to interact, or will I also need to install a beta of Catalina for this to work? Thank you all.

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

I can connect my iOS 13 device to iTunes 12.6.5 with proper mobiledevice package installed (from Xcode), all under High Sierra. So, yeah. Obviously you can. The worst case is to install Xcode beta.

3. steve23094 macrumors 68030

steve23094

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

5. steve23094 macrumors 68030

steve23094

Just posted my experiences on the linked thread. Music related, but don't have Apple Music.

6. one more thread starter macrumors 6502a

one more

Thanks everybody, I think I will just sit the whole beta out, waiting for the real deal in September. :)

7. one more thread starter macrumors 6502a

one more

Could not resist and ended up installing Public Beta 5 on all my iOS devices. :)Great fun and none of my loaded under iOS 12 books got lost, so I should have enough until the official Catalina release in the autumn. However, as expected, iTunes in Mojave no longer sees my iOS 13 devices when I plug them in.

8. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Interesting. My Mac running high Sierra with iTunes 12.6.5 can see my iPhone and iPad running iOS 13. It just does not have proper device image in iTunes, but otherwise sync works fine.

9. one more thread starter macrumors 6502a

one more

Hmm, I might try it again over the weekend then. Yesterday, when I plugged iPhone and iPad with PB5 installed on both, I did not notice any reaction neither on iTunes, nor on the devices. Will update you if I manage to get them to see each other.