Using IWeb....A question about fonts

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jim link, Feb 14, 2010.

1. jim link macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I created a website using i web, however i cannot find the font i am looking for, for the heading of my homepage, is there any where i can buy additional fonts?

If you click the link attached you will see the font used for cypress hill is the one i'm after for my site.

Phttp://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00002430E.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

2. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

Well, just google "font foundry" or "buying fonts" should bring up a couple of places that will sell fonts, but realisticlly, I wouldn't bother for two reasons.

1. Fonts are usually EXPENSIVE.

2. Secondly, since this isn't a print based project, its not advisable to use custom fonts like this because, quite simply, its not likely the average viewer will have it installed, and thus, their web browser would default to whatever the backup font is and end up not seeing it in the first place.

3. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

Hello.

Well, you could try Fonts.com....

That style looks Gothic or Blackletter to me. It also appears to have some "effects" aded to it.

http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/searchresults.htm?st=4&cid=Blackletter

When you're using a custom font in a webpage, you should export the section containing the font as a picture. This is commonly done for Headers with a custom logo. The rest of the page should use common fonts that most computers already have installed.
    Usually you create a picture in Photoshop, use your custom fonts, images and effects, get the header to look how you want, then save as a .jpeg or .png.
    Then you place it at the top of your page.
    Clear as mud, right? ;)

Have Fun,
    Keri

4. jim link thread starter macrumors newbie