Using iWeb and FTP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brian0526, May 30, 2008.

1. brian0526 macrumors regular

I'm considering using KavaTunes to publish my iTunes library. Looks like a great app. But, I'm a little confused. I'm using iWeb to publish my site to .Mac now. How do I use KavaTunes with iWeb? I can use iWeb to publish to a folder. But, Apple doesn't give instructions for how to publish out to an iWeb created site on .Mac using FTP.

I find this to be a problem with any third party app that creates web pages. How do I integrate them into my .Mac iWeb generated site?

Thanks,
    Brian

2. SailorTom macrumors regular

if you publish to a folder, i don't think it's that easy to publish to .mac. you will need to find a different webhost (or use your own computer) with ftp access.
    there is no way to integrate the html output of kavatunes (i'm not familiar with kavatunes, guessing here) into iWeb. you will need to put a full link into your web site pointing to where your kavatunes html will be, i.e http://webhostofyourchoice.com/kavatunes.html

you will need to get an ftp app to publish. try interarchy, transmit or cyberduck (free). any webhost should provide you with info u need to get ftp working.

3. brian0526 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. iWeb and .Mac are really easy to use to create some great pages. But, it seems that there's no way to really integrate a page like KavaTunes creates into a site created this way. :mad:

I guess I'll just use something less functional. Not worth getting a whole 'nother site and URL just to put up my iTunes library. Kava Tunes looks awesome. But, unless they integrate it with iWeb, it doesn't really fit into .Mac that well.