Using iWeb on a different Mac?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Soundhound, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

I designed, published and am regularly updating a site using iWeb on my iMac at home. A friend is going to help me with the design, and he will be doing the work from his Mac at home.

How do I do this? Is there a particular folder I need to give him that has the files that iweb uses to publish the site? And once his work is done, do I transfer the new files back to my iMac?

thanks!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Single file.
    ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites2

3. 6six6 macrumors newbie

Keep the iWeb file on a DAV share so they're constantly in sync.

4. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

???

5. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I found that file, though it's called simply 'Domain' in the finder, I Got Info on it and under names and Extension it is indeed called Domain.sites2.

My question is I have several sites which I've published from this Mac. Are they all contained in that file? Is there any way to only copy the one site I want to have worked on on my friend's mac, or can I only copy that file?

thanks again...

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Hmm, not 100% on that. I rarely use iWeb. I know if you rename the Domain file you can have iWeb create a new site that will be named Domain again. Then you can rename it as well and open whichever site you're wanting to work on. I haven't tried creating multiple sites with iWeb so not sure of all the specifics. Maybe someone more familiar will come along.