Using iWeb to create an ebay listing

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by aprilprescan, Apr 10, 2009.

1. aprilprescan macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am new to iWeb, but love the way it looks, so I decided to create one of my eBay listings in it, and embed it with an 'iFrame' into ebay. Problem is, eBay does not allow iFrames any longer. I was able to pull it in using the 'object data' code but it only shows up on Mozilla and Firefox.
    Here's my question:
    I really don't know much about coding, but is there a way to just create some simple html with iWeb so that it would show up in any html editor (like eBay's). When I copied and pasted the html from my iWeb page into the eBay editor, some of it showed up and some didn't. Is this because there are css files that need to be included in the code?
    Any help would be great. I hope my question made some kind of sense. "-)
    April

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Heres an idea, don't know how it works.

After you finished making your site, export it to your sites folder. Open the HTML file in textedit, and see if the code is there. Copy and paste it into ebay

3. aprilprescan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok....I did this. I published the page to a folder on my desktop. When I opened that folder, the following 4 pages (full of html) appear (along with all my images that are on the page) My page is called 'Welcome' by the way...

1) Welcome .css
    2) Welcome IE .css
    3) Welcome MOZ .css
    4) Welcome .js

I am assuming IE stands for Internet Explorer and MOZ stands for Mozilla? And JS stands for Javascript? (which I know eBay doesn't allow insertion of) They do however allow insertion of .css (But I have no clue on how to copy and paste the all the code so it will show up right)

How can I make sure my page does not need the javascript file and how do I copy and paste the code with the css sheets? (Is this even the right way to go about this?)

thanks!

4. 10smom macrumors regular

10smom

some one suggested uploade to mobleme and using the html iframe code. Will this work? Weil this also be an opton for craiglist posting of Iweb page?

5. Momofthree macrumors member

I really don't know if it will be possible to do this with iweb.....you need html code and I don't think ebay supports external style sheets ....

you could use Robshelp.com and use one the premade templates from there to design you page....or use an html editor to do it.....