using iweb to post instructional videos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ibrainch, May 17, 2009.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

So I have created our corporate website entirely in iWeb and have been very happy with the results (you can see it at www.advantagefutures.com). I would like to add some instructional videos similar to what Apple has on their website (I guess they use web 2.0). Is there a simple way to put up these kinds of videos through iweb. What is the best formatting for such videos - it seems hard to balance quality vs. file size to get them run seamlessly. Thanks for any help and if you have links to other websites which have managed to do this that would be great.

2. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

Apple is using an embedded quick time player which can malfunction in certain browsers, a simple and easy way to embed video is with jw flv player. It's flash based so you can pretty much count on it to work in whatever browser a user is viewing your site with.

If your going to use it, convert your videos to FLV format and follow the installation instructions. They have a really nice setup wizard which will generate the necessary code you need to embed your video.

3. ibrainch thread starter macrumors regular

embedding quicktime player

is there an easy way to embed a quicktime player on your website?

4. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

If it's made in iWeb, just drag it into the page. Same for SandVox, but for other apps I can't say.