Using Lion recovery Disk Assitant

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kanit, Sep 13, 2011.

1. kanit macrumors member

Ok, so i used Lion recovery disk assistant to create a bootable flash drive and when i put in my neww hdd and use the flash drive to install lion it is stuck at loadin installation information for over 30min, is this normal or is something wrong

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Lion doesn't go on that flash drive, it makes it so the drivecan download Lion. My guess is your internet connection is still working on downloading Lion.

3. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

On a pretty fast home cable system it took like 45 minutes to download the os ... if you don't have that much oomph it will take longer.

4. kanit thread starter macrumors member

I am using a pretty fast internet connection. I get download speeds of around 100mbps according to speedtest.net
    and I don't think it is actually downloading lion, this is what it is displaying - Some stuff about how it must now verify my laptop before downloading osx Lion. and
    "Loading Installation Information"

5. 74pants macrumors newbie

I have had the same issues for the past 2 weeks....

Tried various connections, in different countries, wifi, cable to no avail...

Have waited for up to 3 days, still nada...

Only this morning a new message has appeared, which is down right frustrating...

"could not find installtion information for this machine, please contact aplle care"

What information are they lacking!!!

I bought my MBP off the apple store, through my Apple ID, and downloaded the OS LION through the App Store, for which you have to log on too, then it downloads to YOUR machine...

What possible information could they now want! This is ridiculous, I am in need of my laptop! Its only 8 months old! This netbook does not do my business any favours as an editor and photographer!

Now contacting Apple Support! more time wasted!:mad: