Using LockInfo on JB 3GS 4.0 kills battery

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DaveTo, Jun 24, 2010.

1. DaveTo macrumors member

Hi,

I tried this yesterday:

Ran clean JB 4.0 yesterday for the whole day, only used 50% of the battery. Then I installed LockInfo and my battery died within 2 hours.

So my question is: does anyone else have lockinfo running on their 3GS with 4.0 and have decent battery life?

Thanks.

**UPDATE from LockInfo developer, see post #11**

2. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

I have lock info on my 3G and my battery is fine

3. DaveTo thread starter macrumors member

Are you running 4.0?

4. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

Yes. What plugins do you have installed for lock info?

5. DaveTo thread starter macrumors member

The default ones. Havent added anything, I'm trying Pwnage 4.01 now, I want to see if that makes any difference.

6. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

7. DaveTo thread starter macrumors member

Are any of you using Exchange for mail? I think the issue might be there. I disabled the plugin for mail while I'm only using exchange and the battery consumption rate has decreased.

8. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

I have exchange mail on my phone. I dont have it set for push though. I think its set to check every 15 minutes

9. Tu13es macrumors regular

Anyone been able to pin this down on LockInfo? My charger wasn't plugged in last night and I woke up to a dead battery (after being fully charged when going to bed). I uninstalled LI and will see if it behaves similarly or not.

10. DaveTo thread starter macrumors member

I'm glad someone else has experienced this issue. I thought it was isolated to my phone only. I had the same experience, battery was over 75% full when I went to bed and I woke up to a dead battery.

11. DaveTo thread starter macrumors member

Got an update from the LockInfo developer:

fromDavid Ashman <iphone@ashman.com>

dateFri, Jun 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    subjectRe: Issue on os 4.0 with lockinfo

hide details 9:20 AM (22 minutes ago)

Most likely, the issue is that MobileMail is crashing. When it crashes, it tries to restart and that back and forth can drain the battery. It's not the push mail that's causing the issue. I'm trying to isolate a better way to handle the mail (they completely changed it in 4.0) so it will take a little time. I'm trying to get on the forum to post this response, but macrumors is ridiculously slow. If you are on there or have better luck getting on than me, please post this to the group there.

12. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

So is it only a problem with mobile me? I use exchange with gamil and don't have this problem.. Guess I can set mobile me back up to test it

13. Tu13es macrumors regular

The developer said it's MobileMail, not MobileMe.

14. brian1606 macrumors newbie

Email issues with lockinfo?

Are you guys getting (no sender) (no subject) emails? Is it possible that lockinfo is causing this?

15. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

That has nothing to do with lockinfo but apparently an example of how apple's QA sucks.

16. DaveTo thread starter macrumors member

That's a known issue with LockInfo and iOS4. If you look up LockInfo in cydia and then changelog or known issues section it is listed.

17. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

No, it's just a known issue with iOs 4.

18. DaveTo thread starter macrumors member

If that is the case why do I see this issue after I install LockInfo?

19. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

If it was lockinfo why would tons of people who have never been jailbroken on apple's forum be suffering from the same problem?

My mother-in-law included has this problem on iOS 4, never JB.

20. nolatron macrumors member

Same issue with iPhone4 JailbreakMe and lockinfo. Mail app has been working great since day 1.

This morning I installed Lockinfo and every single email that came in had (No Sender) and (No Subject) on it. If I tried to reply to the email, even the sender's email address was gone.

As soon as I remove Lockinfo the issue goes away. Emails I received already with No Sender/Subject now display the information correctly, and new emails display correctly.

21. dabigone macrumors regular

Same problem here...it's definitely Lockinfo, not native to the mail app. I was having the problem w/ my 3gs ios4 and lockinfo and once I got my 4g, no problems with mail. I unlocked my 4g today, installed lock info and bam, no sender crap is back.

22. hiddenpremise macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    My girlfriend also had this problem with her iPhone4, not jailbroken and obviously no lockinfo.