Using Logic Studio on a 2.4GHz MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PhaserFuzz, Mar 5, 2008.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I have a MBP with 4 gigs of RAM and I'm curious how well Logic Studio will run on it? I'm just getting into recording and I wanna get away from Garageband. I've heard that Logic's interface is easy to use and has a very minimal learning curve. Will it run smooth with no latency? Also what would be a good external HDD to use with it? Since it takes up 70+ gigs of HDD space hah.

2. KrAyZiE macrumors newbie

Fixed.

3. PhaserFuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

Huh? Garageband is extremely easy, but it doesn't have very many options. I've read that Logic is a lot easier to use than other professional programs. Why did you change my post?

4. KrAyZiE macrumors newbie

Your sentence made no sense by saying Logic had an easy interface, and a small learning curve, because it doesn't. Logic is quite a complicated program while Garageband is the program you described.

5. davidec macrumors regular

Logic works absolutely splendidly on any SR MBP. Particularly with 4 gigs of ram. I am using Logic + Reason + Kontakt + several other CPU intensive plug-ins on both my Merom & Penryn (2.4 & 2.5).
    Tbh, it's somehow almost as powerful as my eight core MacPro w/ 10 gigs!!!!!