"Using Mac OS X Mavericks prevents the keyboard and trackpad from being locked out"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BobbyCat, Oct 29, 2014.

1. BobbyCat macrumors regular

BobbyCat

"Using Mac OS X Mavericks prevents the keyboard and trackpad from being locked out", says the Apple Support page Keyboard/trackpad inoperative, black screen, or alert messages when installing Windows 7:
    * http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4599

Too bad, I'm running Mavericks and that's exactly what happens when I try to install Windows 7 in BootCamp.
    No matter what, when I get to the first Windows screen asking to customize the language and the keyboard, impossible to respond, with or without an attached keyboard, so I have to shut down and restart. I've done that hundreds of times following closely all the instructions, to no avail. I also installed my Windows 7 ISO image in VMWare and it works great, so the ISO is fine.

Unfortunately, when contacting Apple Support, the only answer I got was : "nothing wrong with BootCamp, please contact Microsoft for help". :(

What a huge disappointment: my new iMac 27" cannot run BootCamp that I've been running for years on other Macs.
    And yes I tried all the methods I could find on the net.
    Now I give up and hope that maybe somebody in the same situation found a solution. Please don't suggest new smart ways and workarounds you're not sure about, I'm tired of experimenting.
    But thanks in advance and I'll be much grateful to the one providing the right solution.

PS. This is a new 27" iMac, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, with a 1TB Fusion Drive and 24 GB RAM, running Mavericks 10.9.5

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Then use Yosemite instead and try it.

And make sure you're using an x64 variant of Windows.

3. BobbyCat thread starter macrumors regular

BobbyCat

Problem solved!

I'm answering my own post here: yes, the issue is solved, thanks to the input of "turbostar" in this Apple Support page:
    * https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6402261?start=0&tstart=0

If anybody encounters the same problem, just start from scratch and follow turbostar's instructions. Windows 7 installs flawlessly with BootCamp after that :)