Using Mac the Ripper for menu help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Krispy162, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Krispy162 macrumors regular

Krispy162

When using MTR I wanted to know if I could rip it so that i still have the menu's and chapter (and the main feature). If i was to choose Title-Chapter it comes up with S chapters and E chapters.. so i select the first S and last E? i'm a little confused on that. Maybe there is another option to select.

Any help would be great :)

2. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Have you tried out using Full Disc Extraction? it makes an exact copy of the DVD into a folder, you can open the folder using the DVD player on Mac OS X and it's just like reading from the DVD.

3. Krispy162 thread starter macrumors regular

Krispy162

Okay i did full disk and i get this error message:

This VOB indicates that is was mastered with deliberate bad sectors
    DELETE Vob or Pad Vob?
    Which one?? lol

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

You may have to try it both ways in the end but generally the option to pad them works. Since you saw that error, that would tend to indicate that you are trying to use the old v. 2.6.6 freeware version of MTR that has not been current or supported for over two years, so you really might want to investigate moving up to the current v.3.0 r14m which will just handle that error without reporting it as a problem. Go to www.ripdifferent.com, join the MTR forums and read the stickies to get info about moving to 3.0.

5. Krispy162 thread starter macrumors regular

Krispy162

I'll def that a look at that.
    I notice when i do full disk copy when i use toast the encoding takes a really long time. So is that my only option to get the menu and chapters?

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

That is the only way I have ever heard of, since the menus and chapters are all integral parts of the full disk's directory structure.

The encoding that you are referring to isn't really encoding in fact- it is compression of the video data to fit on a single layer disk, so you can avoid the compression phase and go right to burning if you use double layer disks instead. A side benefit is that it will be the same quality as the original disk (since the majority of disks are now released on double layer disks) since no compression is necessary when burning a DL disk.