Using Macbook as Desktop...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zslack1, Aug 19, 2008.

1. zslack1 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have read up on how to use my Macbook as a desktop, and I am very interested in doing so. However, I heavily rely on my external harddrive to store all of my itunes - and I am not willing to compromise it's connection to the computer. It seems, though, that I wont have enough USB ports for a keyboard, mouse and EH. Has anyone ran into a similar situation?

ZS

2. Denny Crane macrumors member

Denny Crane

It can be done. My wife uses her MacBook in the manner you describe, but she is not a power user. As for me, I have my iMac, MBP, & work Dell laptop set up in my man cave.

3. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

You can always get an USB hub, or a fire wire external hard drive. If you need more USB ports.

4. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I tried it once, but it's not very big, so you can't hold much on it.

Oh, you mean as a desktop computer? It should work fine. Get yourself a bluetooth keyboard and mouse and then hook the external to the USB, or hook the external to your router to stream if applicable.

5. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

yea, either get a FW drive, get a usb hub, or get a bluetooth mouse/kb. better yet get them all..

do you know if you external monitor has a usb hub built in? most of them that you buy new do nowadays