Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rokuez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2008
ca, west la
Using macbook pro as mac leopard daw and at the office where i need to run outlook , work, excel, occasionally photoshop to check out designers work.

for home just got the sonnet Tempo SATA ExpressCard/34 (couldn't find a better one) , owc mercury elite 750 gb hd with 32 mb cache 7200 rpm , logic 8 , mstand from raindesigninc.com , mac usb keyboard

from what i'm reading i am guessing i need to boot up into xp to access the most ram.

I noticed the mbp would be warmer above the keys in that stripe b4 the monitor part but above the f1-12 keys . i found a program to contorl fan speed etc with cpu usage, couldn't find drivesr for the vga display and other things and good urls ? tried googling a lot today , it runs slow without a vga driver if i drag a window aorund its not smooth. is it smooth in parallels (read u only get 1 gb ram )or vm?

Matek

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
That's a terrible post, I can barely make out what you're asking about.

In my experience it doesn't run any hotter in XP than it does in OS X.

As far as VGA drivers are concerned - use the Boot Camp driver pack and don't bother searching for them yourself.

Windows should work smooth enough in VM as well, of course not as smooth as a native installation.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Fail

Good god, what?

If you tell me you're a non-native English speaker, I forgive you.

If not...wow.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Using macbook pro as mac leopard daw and at the office where i need to run outlook , work, excel, occasionally photoshop to check out designers work.

for home just got the sonnet Tempo SATA ExpressCard/34 (couldn't find a better one) , owc mercury elite 750 gb hd with 32 mb cache 7200 rpm , logic 8 , mstand from raindesigninc.com , mac usb keyboard

from what i'm reading i am guessing i need to boot up into xp to access the most ram.

I noticed the mbp would be warmer above the keys in that stripe b4 the monitor part but above the f1-12 keys . i found a program to contorl fan speed etc with cpu usage, couldn't find drivesr for the vga display and other things and good urls ? tried googling a lot today , it runs slow without a vga driver if i drag a window aorund its not smooth. is it smooth in parallels (read u only get 1 gb ram )or vm?

uhhhh..... what? Please express yourself more clearly.

rokuez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2008
ca, west la
As far as VGA drivers are concerned - use the Boot Camp driver pack and don't bother searching for them yourself.

Windows should work smooth enough in VM as well, of course not as smooth as a native installation.

sorry about my english . my main problem is installing drivers (i guess from the bootcamp driver pack) and getting the device manager to stop showing these yelllow icons on devices w/o drivers. namely the vga driver.

If I am in windows xp how do I shows the device manager where the driver file is for vga? or where is this boot camp driver pack so that I can install these drivers that come up in device manager with little yellow icons.

ack just read this about bootcamp http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html , this Leopard dvd they reference, this is the black dvd that is under the macbook pro when you open it from the box?

The macbook pro i want to make sure it comes with this mysterious leopard dvd. I bought this macbook pro new. Do I just put in the leopard cd while in windows xp? again a little confused, and I haven't used a mac sense Mac LC II .

i'll be reading more about vm. thanks for the responses and again sorry about the english. i made the post right b4 i went to sleep, super tired, and out of it from taking a bong load to the dome of some og. was trying to get this mac rdy for monday at the office (didn't get it rdy :( been using ****** vista laptop )

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
sorry about my english . my main problem is installing drivers (i guess from the bootcamp driver pack) and getting the device manager to stop showing these yelllow icons on devices w/o drivers. namely the vga driver.

If I am in windows xp how do I shows the device manager where the driver file is for vga? or where is this boot camp driver pack so that I can install these drivers that come up in device manager with little yellow icons.

ack just read this about bootcamp http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html , this Leopard dvd they reference, this is the black dvd that is under the macbook pro when you open it from the box?

The macbook pro i want to make sure it comes with this mysterious leopard dvd. I bought this macbook pro new. Do I just put in the leopard cd while in windows xp? again a little confused, and I haven't used a mac sense Mac LC II .

i'll be reading more about vm. thanks for the responses and again sorry about the english. i made the post right b4 i went to sleep, super tired, and out of it from taking a bong load to the dome of some og. was trying to get this mac rdy for monday at the office (didn't get it rdy :( been using ****** vista laptop )

Leopard DVD is a DVD that has Leopard on it :)

MBP should come with one. Look in the box. Also, when you installed BootCamp did you read the instructions? After Windows installation you need to put the Leopard DVD into your drive (I think it will use Auto Run so no need to anything after you've inserted it)

Anyway, read the instructions. There are there for a reason.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
Off-Topic. Wow, that has to be the most confusing post ever.

On-topic. It's been my experience that XP generally runs cooler than OS X. Likely because for some reason Flash on Windows doesn't use half the CPU.

EDIT: Exhadurating about the "half the cpu" part.

rokuez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2008
ca, west la
sorry 4 the confusing post, i was very tired lil bit frustrated & a chongload to the dome will do that 2 any1.

After running bootdisk cd the MBP is running signifigantly cooler, at or below leopard temps.

got avast on there getting the .pst over there etc wish i had esata card and a hd o well, usb flash memory gets it done

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.