Using MacBook Pro when connected to LCD TV via MiniDVI to HDMI.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PatrickPong, Sep 9, 2010.

1. PatrickPong macrumors newbie

I currently use an LCD TV to play movies from my Macbook Pro via the MiniDVI - HDMI cable. At the moment I just connect everything up and then use the Mirror Display in the arrangement settings. So my laptop screen is the same as my LCD TV screen. What I want to be able to do though is watch the movie on the LCD TV and also use the laptop to go on the internet, is this possible???

2. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Yes, don't mirror the displays - just start the video, drag it to the other screen, make it full screen, and move the mouse back to your normal screen. You might need to disable the setting to make other screens black while playing video in the video player.

Also, I don't know which MBP you have but it will probably lag the video and make the web browsing rather tedious.

3. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Uncheck "mirror displays" from the preference pane....

Attached Files:

4. PatrickPong thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW! It's So EASYYYYYYYYY when you know how!

Cheers Guys, I knew how to uncheck the mirroring but just didn't realize you could then drag the window to the right of the screen. Thanks again!!!

5. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Did you know you can drag the screens around in that menu in case your big screen is above, below, left, or right of your main screen to make it easier to work with?