Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I'm on a friends macbook, and she wanted me to make it so that when she closes the lid, iTunes will keep playing. Is there any way to do this?

I assume that this means making it not suspend when the lid closes... is that what I need to do? How do I do that?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Without a whole external display/mouse/keyboard setup, it's not currently possible to do.

InsomniaX and SleepLess were two programs that used to provide this functionality, but they were broken by the 10.4.8 update. No word on when/if a workaround will be available, but keep an eye on those two apps to see if they come up with something.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Without a whole external display/mouse/keyboard setup, it's not currently possible to do.

InsomniaX and SleepLess were two programs that used to provide this functionality, but they were broken by the 10.4.8 update. No word on when/if a workaround will be available, but keep an eye on those two apps to see if they come up with something.

thanks, she's on 10.4.6. That was (I think, I'm downloading it now) just what I needed!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.