Using Magic Mouse 2 on Windows 7 box

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pmcdn, Feb 1, 2017.

1. pmcdn macrumors regular

I use a macbook pro and a PC for work. I want to use my new magic mouse 2 with my windows 7 pc and got it to pair, but no scrolling. I unpaired it and tried installing bootcamp and other drivers but now I cannot even pair it as it won't even recognize it in bluetooth.

Has anyone had success using their Magic mouse 2 with windows 7?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Works for me with the drivers installed. Which drivers did you use? Made sure you got the right ones?

Just to clarify, I use the Magic Trackpad, but I can't imagine it'd be much different with the mouse

3. pmcdn thread starter macrumors regular

Which drivers are you using?

4. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

The ones Boot Camp automatically installed on my iMac when I did the installation. To be honest, I'm very bad with Windows, so not quite sure where to check which drivers are installed on Windows....

5. pmcdn thread starter macrumors regular

I hate windows but can't completely get away from them. I got my Mac wireless keyboard working on it but not the mouse. I'm frustrated that the PC recognized the Magic Mouse but won't now. I ordered a different BT dongle to see if that might make a difference.

6. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Sure. Personally, I use Windows literally only for games, so practically the only Windows software I have to deal with is Steam and then the games. Don't see much of the actual Windows stuff at that point.
    If it works with the keyboard though, I can't see the BT as being the problem.

7. pmcdn thread starter macrumors regular

I don't either. When it detected it the first time I couldn't get it to scroll. I unistalled it and now it won't show up in BT. I have uninstalled drivers, added drivers, added bootcamp, etc etc. No joy.

I know it can work, but I am at a brick wall now.

8. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

The drivers you installed, where did you get them from?

9. pmcdn thread starter macrumors regular

I installed the ones in the apple folder from the Bootcamp files and also used the utility from this page https://www.trackpadmagic.com/magic-mouse/download

The first go around it was the Utility that got the MM working (without scroll) but like I said, my bluetooth won't even recognize the mouse now.

10. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

I know it's not feasible to use it with the ligtning cable connected as per it's location, but if the lightning cable is connected, does it work on Windows?

11. pmcdn thread starter macrumors regular

It doesn't. I just wish I knew why it was detected by bluetooth earlier but now anymore.

Making me crazy ;-)