Using magnetic case with iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZBoater, Oct 21, 2011.

1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Logic tells me magnets and sensitive electronics don't mix. However, magnets in phone cases are very low power, and Blackberry perfected the magnetic go to sleep case. iPad 2 also has this feature.

I've read posts ranging from "it destroyed my phone" to "it works fine". Truth be told, I hate cases and will likely end up using it naked but carrying it in a Blackberry Curve holster. I just think Blackberry holsters are cool, have great clips, and are easy to get the phone in and out.

The BB case has a magnetic flap designed to put the BB to sleep. It is very mild/low power. The iPad 2 magnets are definitely stronger. Anyone have any comments or opinions on the possible impact of a BB case on the iPhone?

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

It should be fine. I doubt that it voids the warranty,

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I've used a blackberry 9650 case with my iphone 3GS, iphone 4, and now iphone 4S with no indication of any problems. The BB case I had for my curve is a little bit too short and the flap doesn't close properly.

4. speed4tu macrumors member

Ive been using my iphone now for almost a year in a magnet case and havent' had any problems with it. OG droid was only one that ever caused a problem bc it was designed to go into clock mode in a stand with a magnet that activated it. Therefore the screen would always come on inside the case.

5. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

Thanks guys. I'm using a BB case and we'll see how it goes. So far so good with no ill effects. I really like their clips and the ease of pulling the phone in and out. I wish it had the same go to sleep feature the iPad has.