Using mail app from 2 different addresses

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, Aug 7, 2010.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

On my gmail, I have another account (my school email) set up, so i can send from either address from Gmail, which allows me to avoid the crappy school email website we have..

http://i33.tinypic.com/9k6q1x.jpg

On my iPhone, I can't seem to find the "From" dropbox in the Mail app, to choose which email to send from. Is it possible at all? (I'm jbroken, if it matters..)

Thx

2. brdwygurl macrumors regular

Are you talking about from the standard iphone email interface?

3. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, from the Mail app available on the iPhone.

4. ipfourFTW macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Choose the account you want under "Accounts" if it's a downloadable outbox it'll show it there. You're just getting the inboxes I bet.

5. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Tap the plus button.

edt: actually - that's rubbish. Just tap on the bit that says 'From:' then tap the current 'from' address.

[​IMG]

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Just to clarify... you'll be able to change your FROM e-mail address only when you have multiple mailboxes configured on your iPhone. It doesn't inherit the fact that your GMail controls your school account. So for instance, all the e-mail accounts I have set up on my iPhone are available as FROM's for me, but I do have an alumni account, which is just a forwarder e-mail address, which is registered in GMail (so I can send messages from it via GMail and I receive the e-mail from it forwarded into my GMail inbox), and I can't set that up as a from address, at least in my non-jailbreak iPhone.

7. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. Any solutions for jb'en phones?

8. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Cool! I'm sorry I didn't mention it right away. I forgot about it, it's been so long since anyone mentioned it. Good to know it still works. :)