Using MBP 13(April 2010): have problem accessing iTune Store at Starbucks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrgiapanta, Feb 5, 2011.

1. mrgiapanta macrumors regular

Does anyone have problem accessing iTune Store via Starbucks wi-fi? I had this problem since I purchased my MBP last year. Sent e-mail to apple support, but so far no good solution.

I keep getting this message:

Your request could not be completed.
    The item you've requested is not currently available in the US store.

-----------

not only at single starbucks location but at all starbucks location
    it works just fine at home though. My iTune is up to date.

2. rjbruce macrumors regular

Is it just trying to access the store or when trying to make a purchase? I don't think I've ever tried accessing the itunes store at Starbuck's but maybe, since it's public, they have certain traffic locked down so you can't hog the bandwidth.

You may also have to establish a session before you can access the store. Often times on public wifi, once your browser launches, you get a starbucks terms of service screen you have to accept. Once you accept you can get to the rest of the internet. Could be that the session hasn't been established first?

3. mrgiapanta thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your response
    The message above shows up when I try to access to the store
    and this is after establishing a session. (everything else works browsing through internet and etc.) But I still can't access the iTunes Store. Should I re-install the app? i did upgrades for new versions of iTunes but i have never re-installed the app.

4. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

Rofl at using an macbook in a starbucks...

Oh lawd

5. rjbruce macrumors regular

Just using google for the topic I found something on the Apple site about podcasts and other stuff not being accessible. Seems like they're likely blocking access. Now, if someone else can use their machine at Starbucks and the iTunes store, then maybe look into it a bit more, but I'm guessing it's blocked.

6. j.henry.s macrumors newbie

I know this is a bit of a late response, but I had this same problem for the first time today and found an extremely simple solution.

I got the exact same message, so I just clicked the 'Store' menu at the top of itunes, then clicked 'search' and walla! I was in the app store.

Hope this helps someone!