Using MBP as primary with 2nd displays

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AndyR, May 28, 2018.

1. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Hope I explain this OK, but just curious on this as today I got my brick of a windows work laptop replaced with a 13" MBP. Prior to that I had my windows laptop off to one side and used 2x 24" displays as my primary displays and an external USB keyboard & wireless mouse.

Now along comes the 13" MBP and I have to say I love the keyboard so far. But whats sold me is the screen, its so crisp! Now thats the problem, when I add my extra displays which are both 1080p, they are just not as clear as the MBP native display. Sure they are clear but not as much as the MBP which is pin sharp.

So question. How many of you with multiple displays, use your MBP in the centre as your main, using the mbp keyboard and external mouse, but with the extra displays off to one side? If so how do you find it and for extended periods?

2. MrGunnyPT macrumors regular

MrGunnyPT

Get a 1440p or 4k display to be sharper and clear :)

3. SlowtrainCar macrumors newbie

You described my set up pretty well actually. I use a 15" MBP w/2 24" 1080 monitors daily. I do web development and sit in front of them about 9-12 hours a day. I tend to keep any site or image I'm working on on the MBP and keep my editor and chrome on the two monitors. I use an external keyboard and trackpad and the distance is a bit too much to use the MBP for reading comfortably. I dream about switching out my external monitors for 4k but honestly what I have gets the job done for now. desk.jpg