Using my iPhone 3GS on a new computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wineandcarbs, Aug 15, 2010.

1. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I'm getting a new computer this week and have some quick questions about syncing and using my iPhone 3GS with iTunes on the new computer.

On my current computer, I set it so that my iPhone does not automatically sync anything - I manually sync my music, pictures, etc. If I recall correctly, when I first got my iPhone I couldn't edit those options until after I had connected the phone to iTunes. When I get my new computer (a PC), install iTunes and connect my iPhone, will it automatically sync with iTunes? I don't want to lose any of the data on my phone, or to have new data sync with the phone.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

to the best of my knowledge, it will not automatically sync and erase all of your data (or replace any data). You will get a pop-up telling you that your iPhone is currently syned with a different account, do you want to "Erase and Sync" or "Cancel."

3. wineandcarbs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Thank you! This is great to hear. :)