Using my iPhone 4 without a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hunterheath33, Jul 19, 2012.

1. hunterheath33 macrumors regular

I have had 20 screen protectors in my iPhone four since February and I just ripped off the last screen protector off my iPhone. So would I be fine without a screen protector for the remaining 14 months of my Verizon contract??? I don't mind tiny scratches just big ones that would make my iPhone unusable.

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Take care of your phone and you're good to go.
    You'd have to put real effort to cause a relevant scratch.

3. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I did the same earlier this year (took off the anti-glare I had had on there for over a year) and I will never go back to using protection. The glass just has a much better feel. I can see tiny scratches only when it's held at certain angles and under bright light but nothing even close to noticeable with a glance or under ordinary use.

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Hairline scratches will pop up over time. I've been using my iPhone 4 for coming up on two years and the back has dozens of them. The front had a different coating on it and thus has suffered fewer hairline scars. As it has been mentioned above you can only see these when you hold the device at specific angles.

5. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

Screen protectors are pointless on pretty much any cell phone/Tablet nowadays.

6. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted

Nothing but a bumper since day one and mine is flawless

7. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If you take good care of your phone it should be fine. Obviously if you shove it in a pocket with your car keys or loose change all the time it will get scratched up a lot more than if you keep it in a pocket by itself. Everyone has different tolerances about what's a minor scratch and what is a major scratch, but if all you're worried about is damage so bad it makes it unusable then you should be fine. It would take a lot for that to happen.

8. JAT macrumors 603

I accidentally slammed my i4 in the trunk of my car recently. The phone scraped some of the car's top coat off. But the phone is fine.

All screen protectors do is make your phone look, feel, and possibly work like crap.

9. vonWachtstain macrumors regular

If you planning on using iPhone without screen protector, you are going to have a bad time.