Using my iPhone to mirror Safari to my AppleTV?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pilot1226, Jan 13, 2012.

1. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Is it possible to browse on my iPhone 4S and mirror it to my AppleTV via Airplay? I'd like to use my 42" Samsung LED TV as my "monitor", for example, with the AppleTV connected via HDMI and everything connected via a Linksys E3000 router over Wireless (setup prevents me from hardwiring in at the moment.)

What I'd like to do, is say, pull up Safari on my iPhone, and navigate to Macrumors.com. I'd like to use the TV as my "computer monitor," and use my iPhone essentially as a Trackpad/Keyboard to input commands.

Possible?

2. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Its possible, but its not practical to use the iphone as a trackpad since there is no pointer on the screen, so you would still have to look down on your phone to navigate and it gets tiresome after a while. The novelty wears off very quickly. And there is a noticeable lag as well.

EDIT: just realized this isn't really in the right section.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

You can mirror Safari to your TV. When typing on the keyboard it would be pretty impossible to do it while looking at the TV lol. So you'll have to look down your phone. But browsing up and down reading posts, you should be fine.

4. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Thoughts on a B/T Keyboard and a B/T Trackpad helping to make this a budget HTPC?