Using my iPod Touch for eBooks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Meek Wriggle, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Meek Wriggle macrumors member

I've just bought an iPod Touch (8GB). It was actually a gift (I paid half and my mum paid the other half). She uses hers for reading eBooks sometimes, but she only ever gets the books (usually free) from the iTunes app store. What ways are there to get more books (preferably DRM free). I also have a bunch of PDF books from when Tor were giving them away about a year ago. How would I be able to get these on to the iPod (if that's even possible)? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have been (and still am) trying to google for some answers but don't seem to be coming up with any good results.

Another EDIT: WH Smith have a good site for buying Ebooks but they're in Adobe reader format. I'm not sure how to get them onto the iPod yet. It's a great shame that Amazon haven't gotten into the UK eBook market yet. It seems they're only interested in the US with their Kindle.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

just been on the Uk iTunes and did an app search for PDF and ticked free apps and a fair few document apps popped up a couple even offered file sharing via wifi so you can transfer to ipod..... dunno if thats helpful

3. Jamesbot macrumors member

Stanza can send ebooks from your computer to your ipod touch.

4. Meek Wriggle thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, after looking into the Stanza app for iPhone I found this stuff out. It's a pretty good app actually and once I get home I'll download that Stanza app and see if I can get those PDFs on my iPod Touch.

5. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

Ebook Readers

Air Sharing will read PDF's (and lots of other things), Bookshelf is my current favorite for books, it works with both PCs and Macs. Both use wireless to send books to your touch.

6. newcronos macrumors regular

Yup I use Stanza to read and copy my ebook collection to the iPod Touch. I also downloaded those sci-fi books from TOR that you mentioned so I know exactly how you feel :D

7. mzd macrumors 6502a