Using my mac from my couch with HDTV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skygremlin, Dec 14, 2009.

1. skygremlin macrumors member

Hey all I have a MBP and will be buying a HDTV shortly. I am planning on connecting up my MBP to the new boob toob and use that as my monitor.

I'm looking for some ideas on the keyboard and mouse setup.. The only thing I "want" is for both to be wireless. That being said is there anybody out there that has a wireless keyboard / mouse setup that does not sit at a desk to use their Mac? If so what are you using (good bad).. Does anybody have some kind of a platform / tray they use on their lap?

I will be sitting on either a couch or a "oversized" chaire with a foot stool in front.. If that helps or matters..:)

thanx all

2. brendu macrumors 68020

Ive got the keyboard in the below link set up for my windows htpc, but because it lacks the multitouch i find cant use it... so i decided to get the apple wireless keyboard and a logitech wireless mouse for my macbook when i hook it up to a tv, but its a pain to use the mouse on the couch... which is why i usually stick to my windows machine for a htpc... if you can live without multitouch, the adesso wireless keyboards are great!

windows htpc keyboard:
    http://www.adesso.com/products_detail.asp?productid=281

3. skygremlin thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I was thinking about the wireless keyboard and the magic mouse.

How do you use the mouse? Do you set it off to the side on a table?