Using my powerbook as a DVD player

KilGil27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Philadelphia
I was wondering what adapter I would need to be able to connect my 12" powerbook G4 to a regular yellow/red/white connection on my tv so I could use it to play DVDs on the tv.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
KilGil27 said:
I don't think that would connect right into the tv. Wouldn't I need something with the red/yellow/white connectors?
Nope... there isn't any device that's going to have all three connectors. You need one of those for the video, and a separate cable to convert the headphone port for the audio.

KilGil27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Philadelphia
panoz7 said:
Nope... there isn't any device that's going to have all three connectors. You need one of those for the video, and a separate cable to convert the headphone port for the audio.
any suggestions? :) thanks

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
Use the above adapter if you have a mini-dvi on your 12" pb g4. Then run a composite (yellow) cable to your tv's video input.

Otherwise for other pb g4s, there should be a 's-video to composite' adapter that came with it. Hook that in and then run a composite (yellow) cable from that to the tv.

For sound: You will need a 'mini to rca' cable, similar to this one. Just hook the red and white ends into the tv's audio input.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
KilGil27 said:
I don't think that would connect right into the tv. Wouldn't I need something with the red/yellow/white connectors?

The yellow is video, red and white are sound.

That adapter does the yellow, so you get the video.