Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KilGil27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Philadelphia
I was wondering what adapter I would need to be able to connect my 12" powerbook G4 to a regular yellow/red/white connection on my tv so I could use it to play DVDs on the tv.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
I believe that you need this KilGil27-

m9319ga_125.gif

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...re.woa/wo/11.RSLID?mco=75A42EE8&nplm=M9319G/A

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
KilGil27 said:
I don't think that would connect right into the tv. Wouldn't I need something with the red/yellow/white connectors?

Nope... there isn't any device that's going to have all three connectors. You need one of those for the video, and a separate cable to convert the headphone port for the audio.

KilGil27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Philadelphia
panoz7 said:
Nope... there isn't any device that's going to have all three connectors. You need one of those for the video, and a separate cable to convert the headphone port for the audio.
any suggestions? :) thanks

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
Use the above adapter if you have a mini-dvi on your 12" pb g4. Then run a composite (yellow) cable to your tv's video input.

Otherwise for other pb g4s, there should be a 's-video to composite' adapter that came with it. Hook that in and then run a composite (yellow) cable from that to the tv.

For sound: You will need a 'mini to rca' cable, similar to this one. Just hook the red and white ends into the tv's audio input.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
KilGil27 said:
I don't think that would connect right into the tv. Wouldn't I need something with the red/yellow/white connectors?

The yellow is video, red and white are sound.

That adapter does the yellow, so you get the video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.