Using new iPad in the US

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by divinedotcomedy, Mar 22, 2012.

1. divinedotcomedy macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I know this question will have more than likely been asked 100s of times before but I was after some advice on using my new iPad in the States. I am going to Miami next week and I have purchased an AT&T Pay As You Go Micro SIM from ebay already.

What is the best next move? I have read various posts about buying pre-paid credit cards or gift cards and the complications of not having a US address if I where to use my credit cards.

Has anyone done this recently who can explain what they did? I wont be looking to excessive use over there but would like to be able to use my iPad when on the move (for Maps/local information etc...).

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks all!

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I'm pretty sure you need a 4G LTE Sim from AT&T to get it to work in the new iPad. My old AT&T SIM doesn't work, and I'm currently in the UK. Time to shell out $15 + .

3. divinedotcomedy thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting! Thanks.

OK - might be a case of popping into an AT&T shop while out there then and see what they say...