Using Outlook on MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ElkDung, Jan 31, 2009.

1. ElkDung macrumors newbie

I'm running Outlook on the MacBook, and I'm trying to change the views of the email to show my folders on the left with the msgs in the middle and a preview pane on the right. Anyone have a clue how this is done on MacBook?

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

He must be talking about Entourage. And no, unfortunately I don't think you can change the message view.

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Doesn't matter Entourage, Outlook. It's in the menu bar under view>Preview Pane>on the right.

5. ElkDung thread starter macrumors newbie

So where is the menu bar for outlook/entourage?
    I can see the menu bar for Safari but thats is not what I'm looking for right?

6. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Open Entourage. I'm assuming you installed Office for Mac on your computer or are you using VMWare or Parallels? If you are using Office for Mac open Entourage or click on Entourage in your dock then the menu functions will show up in the menu bar.

7. ElkDung thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have Entourage in my dock, and don't see it on the hard drive. I have been accessing Outlook off of the internet. What you're saying makes sense.
    Oh and yes I do have the VMWare. I'm trying to learn more on the mac side.

8. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Not sure what Outlook you are using then. If it's an exchange server then there is no way to change the view. Since you are using VMWare then I assume you have some sort of Windows OS installed but from the sounds of it you do not have Microsoft Office installed. To do anything custom with views and such it has to be a application on your computer since any web based applications will be basic.

9. ElkDung thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for your help on this. I just tried using the Outlook on the VMware side and it works fine on that side. So thats cool. What I'm doing is trying to access my work email on web mail.

10. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The layout on the webmail outlook interface is fixed from what I remember.