Using Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ajay96, Dec 17, 2015.

1. ajay96 macrumors 6502

When i use Parallels, the center of my MacBook Pro, right under the keyboard, tends to heat up a bit. It doesn't get too hot that I won't be able to touch it, but it's noticeable. This shouldn't cause any long term problems, right? This is the base model 13" Pro with Retina that I got about 3 weeks ago.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

No it shouldn't be of too much concern. While using Parallels your Mac is also running more CPU cycles producing more heat. That's going to happen while running two operating systems at the same time.

3. ajay96 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. pseudoware macrumors member

pseudoware

When using Parallels in full screen mode (not Coherence), does anyone know if Skype or Slack notifications can be seen/heard when those apps are running on OS X?

5. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

From past experience with Parallel, yes it should be heard. Don't remember if it can be seen though.

6. pseudoware macrumors member

pseudoware

Thanks. I confirmed a pop out system notification will still appear in full screen mode (if not disabled for the app). That said, after an initial adjustment period, I've come to really like Coherence. The seamless integration between both OS's is unreal.