Using PayPal Secure Card on Apple Online Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gymnut, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

After a few weeks of selling some camera gear I've got enough dough in my PayPal account for a Mac Pro and while I understand Apple doesn't accept PayPal as a form of payment, you can generate a virtual debit card in PayPal to link to your PayPal balance; There's a $1000 daily spending limit(You can lift this limit by requesting it from Paypal but takes up to 30 days to approve) so I was planning on purchasing $1000 Apple Gift cards over the course of the next few days. Here's where I've been stumped since I get a "Failed to Authorize" message everytime I try to place an order. Has anyone purchased things from the Apple online store with the Paypal Secure Card? I can close the card anytime I want to, but I think I'll give it a few hours and then give it another try.

2. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

I just used this feature to buy an iPhone3GS from Apple.com. I didn't have any problems. Have you been able to get it working?

3. Gymnut thread starter macrumors 68000

Gymnut

No, I ended up just cashing out and purchasing a gift card in cash. I suspect it's something on PayPal's end and will give them a call on Monday. I really hate PayPal sometimes.

4. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

I had problems with the failed to authorize but it was because my paypal balance didn't have enough money and I tried to link my bank account...Weird. Paypal is terrible about getting back to people...

5. nizmoz macrumors 65816

I would just have it deposit into your bank account then pull it from there. Makes no sense to have a card just for paypal.

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I thought that PayPal discontinued virtual debit card in favor for a real debit card. I have the PayPal debit card and I use it for my purchases when I have money in my PayPal account, you also get 1% cashback as well.