Using Pedometer++ in Health?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by korndawg, Jun 3, 2018.

1. korndawg macrumors regular

Since summer is here I figured I’d make the effort to be more active and tracking steps/walks/runs with my S3 AW. I noticed when I used my push mower, my watch didn’t count any steps. So I installed Pedometer++ and that indeed did count my steps. So I came to the conclusion that the stock AW step counter is worthless. However, in Activity and Health, I can get those to only show the steps my AW shows. Can I force those apps to use the steps that are counted in Pedometer++? I have it as the primary data source but it’s still not using it. Thanks!

2. JackieInCo Suspended

I don't think this is possible.

I use the built in step counter and it works good for me. When I mow my lawn, it counts all the steps, plus I get about 23 minutes of exercise counted as well.

I noticed that my pedometer++ app shows exactly what the built in step counter app will show and it gets it's step count from the built in app.

3. matrix07, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018

matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Just use Outdoor Walking when mowing & you won’t need anything else.

4. korndawg thread starter macrumors regular

So I won't need to swing my arm when using it? This would be ideal!

5. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

You don't. Outdoor Walking will use GPS to determine your distance, same as Outdoor Running and Biking. It'll calculate your steps from that.
    You'll even get a nice map on Activities but I'm not 100% sure on this. :)