Using Preview to edit PDFs?

ISJB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
So, I need to add 5 blank pages at the end of a PDF. I select the last page of the PDF (on the sidebar/thumbnail), and click Edit -> Insert Blank Page, but the page goes above my last page! Like if I have 3 pages on my PDF, I select the thumbnail for page number 3 and add a new blank (hoping it'll be number 4), but it ends up going between page 2 and 3!
Then I try to move them around by dragging the thumbnails, but can't! Any suggestions how to do this?

Btw, I can't just add 5 blank pages after printing, they MUST be inside the PDF beforehand

Nov 28, 2010
located
Then drag them to the bottom of the Sidebar and delete the blank page above the not empty page.

Here is how I can do it:

Last edited:

ISJB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Sorry, if I wasn't clear. I can't drag pages! Any of them, anywhere. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong; I've never tried this before..

EDIT:
Alright, thanks! Will try that now :)

Also, if I join many PDFs in one, I can just print them all together right?

They look like this in the thumbnail:

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Sorry, if I wasn't clear. I can't drag pages! Any of them, anywhere. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong; I've never tried this before..

EDIT:
Alright, thanks! Will try that now :)
Does it work then? If not, what Mac OS X version do you use?

Also, if I join many PDFs in one, I can just print them all together right?

They look like this in the thumbnail:
Yes, that will work too.

ISJB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
I can't seem to get it work! (the page-moving I mean)

My Mac is 10.6.8 and Preview is version 5

Nov 28, 2010
located
I can't seem to get it work! (the page-moving I mean)

My Mac is 10.6.8 and Preview is version 5
Have you tried deleting "com.apple.Preview.plist" in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet?
Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

Wardoner

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
I've gone through the same crazy search for a good PDF editing program for my mac 10.7 Lion, but never found a free one that could really help including Preview. Ended up going with PDF Studio, and it has definitely been a good move. Pretty cheap at $49 compared to Acrobat's $450!! Unlike Preview, this is an actual PDF Editor that I like to use to type text into PDF documents. I've also used it to add internal links back into my documents that didn't take when I convert word documents to PDF. They do a free trial version so you can test it out before you buy it, and it seems to be compatible with Mountain Lion macs. Website is http://www.videotoflashmac.com/pdf-editor-for-mac/. Good luck!