Using proxifier to allow all apps internet access via. NetShare tethering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yixian, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Yixian macrumors 65816

Hey guys, I heard in another thread that with a program called Proxifier one could allow all applications access to the internet when tethering using NetShare without individually configuring them or anything.

So I have Proxifier, but I can't figure out exactly how I do this. There is a section of my "Proxy" and a section for "Proxification Rules" but I really don't know how to go about this.

2. dirkfr macrumors newbie

Quckstart

Checkout the Quickstart description within the Help section of Proxifier, all neccessary steps are clearly described there. One more thing I was told to make sure of: Go under the Option menu, select Name Resolution and enable.

Warning on the side though: The present downloadable version seems not to work on everyone's machine, I was told that a newer version to meet the potential problems should be online pretty soon.

3. copperlab macrumors member

I've been trying to get version 1.1.0 to work with leopard 10.5.4 and can't seem to get all network traffic to go through proxifier. Entourage doesn't seem to be able to send using an SMTP server or receive on an IMAP server. Has anyone had any luck getting mail, ftp, or other non web browsing apps to work using netshare and a program like proxifier (or some other program that routes all tcp/ip traffic through a socks server)?

4. xcoded macrumors newbie

xcoded

New version works great...

There is a new version (1.1.3) which was release two or three days ago, I've been testing it for a few hours with Leopard 10.5.4 and it's working great (using NetShare on an iPhone 3G).

Just make sure you disable the proxy settings in the System Preferences, launch Proxifier and enable name resolution from the options menu.

I've so far used Mail.app, Terminal.app (to name a few) and has been working flawlessly, I will test it for two more days or so and if it keeps working well I will purchase it. ;)