Using "Remove Background" Mail app wont fetch mail?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jdaniel, Jul 26, 2011.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

It seems to me that if i disable ALL background items, mail will also close and it will not re-open at my preset 15 mins intervals to retrieve mail?

Ive done many a restore... to a fresh JB state many time due to other apps or tweaks causing problems and I seem to notice this issue lingering.. comes n goes as well so I am thinking its this.... if mail app is not running in the background then its not able to fetch mail...

anyone else using 'remove background' or using sb settings and killing processes manually experiencing the same thing?

2. polzii macrumors 6502

Im using Remove BG on 4.3.3 and have used it on 4.1 as well. Ive not experienced this issue.

How about setting Mail as an exception in Remove BG, this way it is not shutdown when you remove all apps from the background.

3. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll try that, I tested it tho, not with remove background but with sbsettings... if i close it with "processes".. it will not fetch, if it is showing under running processes... then it will fetch.

4. polzii macrumors 6502

I just tried shutting mail under SBsettings, and almost immediately got Mail to check my mail and sound an alert. Ive done this many times in the past few days because 4.3.3 tends to hog more memory than 4.1, and I need as much memory as I can get with all the tabs i open in perfect browser. I have not had to start Mail manually yet.

EDIT : Could it be a 3G vs Wifi problem (lack of 3G signal) ? I tend to be on Wifi 95% of the time, without issues.

5. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

I am on wifi, I have not had an issue today after putting it into exclusion and when I use sbsettings the results are mixed.. when I end the process it restarts automatically, so technically if thats the case then sbsettings cannot truly end mail... so cannot affect it... oh well i shall monitor