Using Safari on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ned Buntline, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Ned Buntline macrumors newbie

I'm a newbie to Apple, having switched over from the Palm devices to the Blackberries to the iPhone.

I'm not finding the web browser on the iPhone very usable as it is. The font is too small and the full web page view shows way too much info. When I'm surfing on a handheld device, I like to just get the basics. The Palm and Blackberry units allowed me to do that.

Is there a way to setup Safari on the iPhone so that it will resize the fonts and automatically wrap text? I don't want to reach for my glasses every time I want to surf.

Thanks ahead...

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Do you know you can zoom in by pinching or double tapping?

3. Srapinal macrumors newbie

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha

ok when your page is loaded . hahahahahahaha try this ahaha

put two fingers on the screen.

then slowly move them apart.. see what happens hahahahahaha

4. Ned Buntline thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I was just going to follow up on my post with this. You beat me to it.

I know you can pinch and zoom, but then you need to hunt around the screen to read a news article. What I'd like to find out is whether when one zooms in, if the words can automatically wrap - like the Palm and Blackberry (and other smartphones do) to fit within the boundaries of the screen.

Also, if Safari cannot do this, is there another browser that can be loaded on this that will do it?

5. Srapinal macrumors newbie

no sorry you want a crappy browser safari is not that.. you are SOL

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

So if you double tap on a paragraph, picture, or whatever, it will zoom into that and fill the window perfectly.
    Also, if you browse in landscape (turn the phone on it's side) it tends to make things easier / bigger.

But the point is you find what you want to read with it zoomed out, then you double tap / zoom in to read it, then double tap / zoom out, to browse stuff again.