Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
is it ok to use a Samsung fast charging box to charge an iPhone? I haven't tried it yet but I'm wondering if it will charge faster like the iPad charger does. Just wondering if it will mess my iPhone up.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
is it ok to use a Samsung fast charging box to charge an iPhone? I haven't tried it yet but I'm wondering if it will charge faster like the iPad charger does. Just wondering if it will mess my iPhone up.

It's fine, but I doubt it will charge faster.

Rhambus

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2016
It will not charge faster. Fast Charging is a feature that the processor must have, in addition to the charging block, in order to take advantage of the quick charge.

Using a 2.1A charging brick will yield you slightly faster charge times (like one that comes with a tablet, like an iPad), but don't expect adaptive fast charging speeds like you get with a device with a Snapdragon CPU.

Reactions: T5BRICK

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
It will not charge faster. Fast Charging is a feature that the processor must have, in addition to the charging block, in order to take advantage of the quick charge.

Using a 2.1A charging brick will yield you slightly faster charge times (like one that comes with a tablet, like an iPad), but don't expect adaptive fast charging speeds like you get with a device with a Snapdragon CPU.
Pretty sure when he says charge faster he means how the iPad 10W charger charges faster than the 5W charger
He isn't talking about Quick Charge

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.