Using Siri to call someone

kevinf1990

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Before upgrading to iOS 8 all I needed to do was to say "call John" and it will automatically call John in my contact list. however, after going to iOS 8, siri will ask me to confirm whether John is the person I want to call even though I only have one John in my contact list. anyone else seeing this change? Is this going to be fixed? Thanks in advance

wongster

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
for me, some contacts, siri will just call. others, siri will ask if i want to call this person.

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Before upgrading to iOS 8 all I needed to do was to say "call John" and it will automatically call John in my contact list. however, after going to iOS 8, siri will ask me to confirm whether John is the person I want to call even though I only have one John in my contact list. anyone else seeing this change? Is this going to be fixed? Thanks in advance
Sounds like a feature, not a bug.

Sekelani

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
This will only happen if for e.g. I have more than 1 John. Which will make sense

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010

Siri has always made me confirm home or mobile. It has never made me confirm whether I want to call a contact and the same with sending texts, though Siri does read back my text and ask if I am ready to send it.