Using Skype on iPod touch, how do I get a mic?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dingdongbubble, Sep 5, 2009.

1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone.

Since I now have an iPod touch, I tried installing Skype but its not available in Canada, so I got Fring instead. Now I want to know will the in ear headphones bundled with the iPod touch work with fring? Do they have a mic built in?

Secondly at my university there is a wifi connection in most places so if I got myself an unlimited US and Canada Skype plan worth $2.95, would it serve as a cheap alternative for general calling (like long and unnecessary calls to friends lol). I would use Fring on my iPod touch for it. oh and is incoming free on the Skype plan?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

If I remember correctly, the headphones that come with the iPod touch have a mic already on them. You could use those headphones just like an iPhone user would wear them, which means -- yes, you could just use Skype or Fring anywhere you have wi-fi.

3. thefatmould macrumors member

No the headphone does not have a mic. you can buy ones for it off the apple store. they are like the ones with the new shuffle

4. OriginalFormula macrumors regular

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

To use Skype on your iPod touch, you need the 2nd generation model; with that you need to buy headphones will mic, be it the iPhone headphones or the in-ear headphones.