using Skype

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Paulk, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Paulk macrumors 6502

Paulk

I would need advice on something very elementary. My year-old Macbook Pro Retina is very minimal in its connection slots. There is no CD Drive, and no image camera on the lid like there was on my old Macbook. I assume this means I get no image of myself when on Skype. So no point downloading and installing Skype. I have one slot for mains electricity one for the mouse and little else that I understand. I am also unable to install Mavericks, but thats a minor inconvenience, manage OK with snow leopard.

Any help appreciated.

2. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

the retina macbook pro does have a camera, try using facetime or photobooth.

3. Paulk thread starter macrumors 6502

Paulk

I've used Finder to search for iSight camera but we don't have it.

I've looked up these two devices on the internet. Both assume we have one of those new smartphones or iPad, or iPod, iPhone, which we don't have. Perhaps we are just one of the many oldies who have not kept up with the fast changing technology.

4. jqworle macrumors newbie

what does system report say ,it should list an isight camera under the camera section. if it doesn't see one you may have a hardware problem as i am pretty sure all mac book pro retinas come with them as standard.

5. Paulk thread starter macrumors 6502

Paulk

using Skype

Quite right. I've checked the System Information, and there is a FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in). :Thanks, next time I'll try to remember Sys Info.