Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
Is it possible to boost standard Mac Pro 2009 4,1>5,1 ( High Sierra 10.13.6 ) audio volume using Soundflower ?

I want to 1. increase system volume and also 2. thereby increasing output to my Bluetooth headset

I understand that Audio MIDI app needs to be configured but all volume outputs are set to full without any obvious increase in output volume.

I created a "Mulit Output Device " and assigned my headset to this. I renamed the headset to "Pink".

Soundflower - Audio MIDI app.jpg

No success yet.

Thanks in advance

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
I’m not sure of a way to do this using just soundflower, but this could be done using audacity or even GarageBand. Basically, you’d set soundflower as your output in settings, open audacity, select soundflower as your input, apply gain using the volume fader, and then select your Bluetooth headphones as your output in audacity. Audacity could just run in the background with this configuration, as all system audio would be routed through audacity to your headphones, with the applied boost

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
Cayden

Thanks for your detailed reply. I'll give your idea a try later this week. I'm frantically busy 'til then. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.